Friday, December 16, 2011

How can I transfer emoticons from one computer to another ?

I have a new laptop and want the emoticons for MSN messenger I have on my old laptop to transfer across. They are obviously stored locally - can anyone tell me the file I need to copy over?|||You can try this:





-- Find where your emoticons are stored.


-- Copy the entire CustomEmoticons folder to the new computer and DON'T change anything in it. The map.dat file is responsible for keeping track of your emoticons and the emoticons are the files called TFR....dat





To find your custom emoticons, you need to find your own folder which is a long number. You can get a program to work out your number; I use it all the time - it's quite safe and really easy to use. It's the attachment on the third post down here:


http://www.msghelp.net/showthread.php?ti鈥?/a>





Once you have the number, search your computer for CustomEmoticons or your folder number. One of the folder numbers on our computer is 2656145169 and inside is this person's CustomEmoticon folder.





Also, although I don't know of and haven't used them, I know there are programs around to move your Messenger profile to another computer or to back up and reinstall.

No comments:

Post a Comment