Friday, December 16, 2011

Why do Asians always use way more emoticons than everyone else?

I swear, Asians always use so many emoticons in their online communication. Whether it's forums, chat rooms, whatever, so many damn emoticons.





It's always "xD" this, "¬¬" that, some "%26gt;:(" over here. What is the secret?|||IDK|||Hmm coming from an Asian myself, uhh tbh I dont know as well haha.


It's just a habit I guess, like you know how Malaysians and Singaporeans always use la or something at the end, eg. "I dont know la!" instead of "I dont know", something like that, just something to end the sentence.


Personally I think ¬¬ is only for koreans, most koreans used that. However others like "XD" or " =)" or whatever is more worldwide known.|||Few Japanese use "xD" or "¬¬" or "%26gt;:(."





For most Japanese use double-byte characters to make emoticons. ( ´,_ゝ`)





And Japanese are only a very tiny minority among English-speaking "Asians" that you encounter on the net or in real life.





Post the question on other more relevant boards.|||Well some say that Japanese has 5 writing systems...





1) Hiragana


2)Katakana


3) Kanji


4) Romaji


5) Emoji





Emoji :)|||I feelt that it's because they think it's cute? I feel that many Koreans and Japanese people like it. Cus idk, it just seems like it. Look at the way they create their cartoon or anime.|||What an asinine generalization. I don't even know anyone Asian - but your question seems riddled with idiocy.|||because its an asian thing!!! ^^


and it is cute %26gt;.%26lt;|||i really dont know D=.....

No comments:

Post a Comment